Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SkyQ setup with Orbi AX600

jez_miles
Aspirant

SkyQ setup with Orbi AX600

Hi,

Looking for some advice. My current set up is a SkyQ Hub with an Orbi RBS50 mesh system. I have the orbi set to AP mode. I have several TP Powerliness around the house with sky q minis plugged in. TP Powerlines are connected to the SKYQ Hub as I'm pretty sure you had to have the SKY Mini's connected through the SkyQ hub in the past, though I stand to be corrected. I have a seperate wifi network for the ORBI  RBS50 mesh system.

So I currently have etherent connected on SKYQ for anything plugged into the TP Powerlines, A SkyQ WiFI Network and a seperate ORBI WiFi network. It's all a bit messy.

So I have now purchsed a TP ARCHER VR2100, some new TP Powerlines and The new AX6000 Orbi Mesh System.

I want to use the TP ARCHER as a modem only, connect the Orbi into it and run the TP Powerlinks so I have just one network. Can I do this by setting the TP ARCHER to Modem only? Do I connect the TP Powerline to the orbi router or the TP ARCHER? When I connect the ORBI will that be what effectively creates the network SSID?

Sorry if this is all a bit confusing, I'm not a savvy as I would like to be. Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SkyQ setup with Orbi AX600

The Configuration should look like this I believe:

Modem>Orbi RBR in router mode><All wired LAN devices (Any PowerLine) connected to the back of the RBR. 

Message 2 of 6
jez_miles
Aspirant

Thank you, thats what I was hoping. That will give me just one network? Do I create that when I set up the modem or the RBR?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Setup the RBR. You'll need to refer to the mfrs support site for help and information regarding the modem. 

Message 4 of 6
jez_miles
Aspirant

Brilliant. Many thanks for such prompt help.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements