Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow wired speeds connected to RBS750 satellite only when running through switch

Starsgoblur
Aspirant

Slow wired speeds connected to RBS750 satellite only when running through switch

When coonecting directly to the sattelite (5 ghz backhaul) with ethernet (Cat 6) I get speeds of around 400 mbs. If I run it through a switch though I only get about 70 mbs. I've tried 2 different switches, both Gigabit one TP Link one Netgear. 

Anybody have an idea why this is? Is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Slow wired speeds connected to RBS750 satellite only when running through switch

If directly connected to the RBS is fast and then putting a switch in the mix results is slower speeds, I would presume these switches your using would ge the cause of the slow down. Nothing in any configuration that should change this. Either this is a switch problem or a bad cable or both. 

Message 2 of 4
Starsgoblur
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for the reply. It's not the cables because I tested them. The switch is a brand new unmanaged switch from Netgear. I guess I have to try another one.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7