Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: HUGE issues RBK852

TURBOGUARD
Tutor

Some issues I've experienced with RBK852

So, have been using the ORBI RBK852 Router + Satellite since November now and I’ve ONLY had issues with it. Is anyone over at Netgear working on anything to fix this?!

1. I have issues connecting the satellite, in wireless it works, but it’s about 15 feet from router and still goes from 900Mbps to like 100 when device connect to satellite. Hooked it up with wire and it’s even worse!!! With wire the jitter is unbearable.

2. The app never shows any connected devices in the network map so I can never figure out what device is on what to be able to make tests.

3. It disconnects some devices from time to time. The worst is my PlayStation 4 Pro, which with the RBK50 I never had issues pre November. Now I have to relog into PSN every single day.

I’m just getting terrible results daily and am SO FEED UP with it.

I spent so much money on something that isn’t even half as good as the RBK50.

Come on Netgear! Maybe you should make LESS products and have the ones you have be at least DECENT!

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please in the Orbi AX forum for this model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@TURBOGUARD wrote:
So, have been using the ORBI RBK852 Router + Satellite since November now and I’ve ONLY had issues with it. Is anyone over at Netgear working on anything to fix this?!

1. I have issues connecting the satellite, in wireless it works, but it’s about 15 feet from router and still goes from 900Mbps to like 100 when device connect to satellite. Hooked it up with wire and it’s even worse!!! With wire the jitter is unbearable.

2. The app never shows any connected devices in the network map so I can never figure out what device is on what to be able to make tests.

3. It disconnects some devices from time to time. The worst is my PlayStation 4 Pro, which with the RBK50 I never had issues pre November. Now I have to relog into PSN every single day.

I’m just getting terrible results daily and am SO FEED UP with it.

I spent so much money on something that isn’t even half as good as the RBK50.

Come on Netgear! Maybe you should make LESS products and have the ones you have be at least DECENT!

Message 3 of 9
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

Nope, not a single fix.

I've factory reset everything a few days ago, redownloaded the app. But it fixed nothing. Been trying to play CoD online but becuase I get kicked out becuase of server disconnection every 10-15min I gave up on playing with friends online until next fw.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have your prior router by chance?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

You might try downgrading FW to v3.1...

Message 5 of 9
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

I am going to reconnect the RBK50 today after work hours are done.

See if that helps.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, keep us posted.

This users says this seems to work to get the Orbi AX working:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

Message 7 of 9
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

Okay, so posted in another thread about this yesterday that I unplugged my RBK852 and have gone back to RBK50. Everything is working again but obviously I’m not seeing the great speeds of the ax system. Been a drop of about 300Mbps sadly.

BUT, as I wrote in my first post about my PlayStation having to reconnect to WiFi every single time I turn it off or put it in rest mode. With the RBK50, it’s now gone, so it IS an issue with the RBK852, it does something to confuse the PS4.

I’ve had that problem since I bought the RBK852 so the previous FW for it (the one that was end of 2019) is also broken. Like how far back should I go when downgrading tonight?! And won’t it just update automatically like everyone on here is saying it will? Am I still f*ked when it comes to using my PS4? It’s a big deal cause I use it for Hulu, Netflix, plex and gaming.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please follow the instructions in the link provided...

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7