Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stuck in setup mode orbi 850 fail firmware satellite update

Edwardlotz
Guide

Stuck in setup mode orbi 850 fail firmware satellite update

I can’t get past the firmware update page in the setup routine. It keeps saying satellite update failed and then I can’t do nothing.

I have tried restarting. Both units but when going to Orbi IP address to set up it again it takes right back into the setup procedure just before the firmware update. I am stuck here. I do have internet so it’s working but it’s not completed yet. I can’t get into firmware to make changes.
Can anyone help? I am just pass my 6 months.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you reset the RBR and connect a wired PC to the RBR and use a web browser to access 192.168.1.1. Start the setup routine and do a manual setup and skip the setup wizard. I would do this with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem as well. 

You can manually download and apply FW files from NG download site to the RBS and RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK-852-New-Firmware-Version-V3-2-16-6-1-4-4/m-p/1962430/hi...

Message 2 of 4
Edwardlotz
Guide

I will reset. Didn’t know I could bypass the setup wizard. Thanks for that tidbit.

Not sure why it can’t update the satellite firmware. I would have done it manually.

The reason I am resetting it up I have another issues where thus Orbi unit would not recognize the satellite to do a firmware upgrade at all. At least it recognized it this time around. Hope there is no problem with the satellite causing all these issues
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this with the RBS if it won't sync correctly to the RBR:

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7