Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UPNP RBR850 Firmware 3.2.10.11

computim
Luminary

UPNP RBR850 Firmware 3.2.10.11

Question for the community.  Has anyone experiencing issues with UPnP on the latest firmware with the RBR850?  I've downgraded and upgraded again but I can not get the UPNP to work?  I've factory reset and configured from scratch but no go.  Checking in with NG support as well but thought I'd float the question here too.  

My Plex media server has the remote capabilities and has always worked via UPnP port controls.  However, I've noticed my plex media server is not accessible outside my internal network after the latest round of firmware challenges.  I checked to ensure nothing via firewall is blocking as it runs directly from the ReadyNas unit.  My ISP is not using GNAT IP control. My external IP is the same as whois IP so no doublenat.  

Not sure so I thought I'd ask here.  One other communitiy memeber stated they are not having an issue and that 3.2.10.11 actually solved a UPNP issue for them.  Not sure why the Readynas plex media service is not being seen.

Thanks

Tim

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

As a alternative test, disable uPnP and manually set up some Port Forward rules for your Plex Server? 

It's possible that I might not see this issue since I don't use any external remote access to any services I have here at home. I don't use Plex. Though for my xbox game consoles, this is the first version of FW that I'm able to get OPEN NAT status on 1 and 2 consoles, after all other FW version failed and the consoles reported Strict NAT. 

Another user and I believe that there maybe uPnP issues as this users son was able to get OPEN NAT on 3 consoles, howver he had to manually set port usaged on each console to attain the OPEN NAT status. Which tells me there seems to be uPnP issues with Orbi AX FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Double-NAT-Strict-NAT/td-p/1873404/jump-to/first-unread-mes...

Do have two bug reports in with NG in regards to xbox NAT status and one other test that users don't normally use unless your a gamer, NAT Filter when set to OPEN is not working. It reports Port Address Restricted NAT when it should be reporting FULL CONE NAT. So I can't attaing OPEN NAT on two or more game consoles playing the same online game currently. I can if I use my RBR50 which works. 

Message 2 of 8
computim
Luminary

@FURRYe38 Thank you!  Yes, I've setup the manual port forwarding and have been able to function correctly.  Once I enable the UPNP the service drops and access remotely is disabled.

I'm on the same line of thinking that an issue is present with the firmware.  I've opened a ticket and will share feedback.

TIm

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

And to be sure, when you re-enable uPnP, you are disabling PF configurations as well? 

What other versions was uPnP working for you? All prior? 

I'll add this post to my bug report as well. 

Message 4 of 8
computim
Luminary

@FURRYe38  Correct, I disable the UPNP and complete a manual PF>, reboot router, check and all functions with the media server are good.  Disable PF> and enable UPNP. reboot router, Renable auto in media server; media server signs in but i snot accessible via remote access.  Check router UPNP and no information on requesting port present.  

Tim

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Great. Thank you for confirming. Adding this to my bug report now. 

@Christian_R 

@ErnestTheGreat 

Message 6 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

You aren't running a VPN are you?

Message 7 of 8
computim
Luminary

No not at that level. I run a VPN on my VM setup.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7