Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrading from Orbi RBR50 to AX12, could I use Orbi as Access Points form AX12?

Bon007
Aspirant

Upgrading from Orbi RBR50 to AX12, could I use Orbi as Access Points form AX12?

I have an Orbi RBR50 and have been very happy with with it over the last 2+years.  I decided to upgrade my internet speed on Spectrum from 300Mbps to 1Gig.  In doing this, I noticecd that my wireless speed did increase (not greatly) but my wired speed did not and at times slowed down significantly.  I've followed a couple of threads on the Netgear community and even copied many of the suggestions but was not abel to find a solution for my beloved Orbi.  So I am now looking at the Nighthawk AX12 or the Orbi RBK852.  Given the major price difference I am leaning toward the AX12.

My question, If I make the AX12 my main router, would I be able to use my old Orbi as an Access Point in the hard to reach areas?  Could they be on the same SSID?  Or would there be a conflict given that the AX12 is a different speed and signal vs the Orbi?  I

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Upgrading from Orbi RBR50 to AX12, could I use Orbi as Access Points form AX12?

Please post about this over in the RAX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

The Orbi would be it's own wifi system running in AP Mode behind the RAX.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7