Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Very Short Internet Connection Issues

msinex
Apprentice

Very Short Internet Connection Issues

I actually have the AX6000 Orbi mesh system, but I think it is the same as the RBK53.  I have recently installed the system and been very happy with the coverage and speed for the most part.  I am having one issue which can be a bit irritating, and I never had it with my old wifi system (I have maintained the same ISP).  Occassionaly, I will try and click a link or go to a website, and I will get an error back that there is no internet connection.  This happens on both Chrome and Firefox, and have had that issue both with my wired desktop, two different wireless laptops, my iPad, and a Dakboard I have set up for our family calendar.  If I hit refresh on the browser, it will almost always immediately reload, but it is irritating and happens a few time each day.  It is especially irritating on the Dakboard, because if it can't find an internet connection when it looks for one it will go to an error screen which requires a reboot.  I never had this issue with my past system.

Is there some sort of setting that could cause this on the Orbi?  It is happeneing on both wired and wireless, so I don't think it has anything to do with the satellites.  It almost seems like maybe a power saving feature where it takes it just a split second too long to serve up an internet connection?  Any ideas on what could be causing this, because the system has been wonderful besides this issue.  Thanks!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Very Short Internet Connection Issues

Actually, there is a separate community forum for the AX product line: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

People who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with the AX product than those of us who watch this residential WiFi5 product.

I would try posting in that forum.

Message 2 of 4
msinex
Apprentice

Ah, thanks for that, will repost!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors