Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: W10 unable 2 reconnect to my 12 yrs. old Linux (Debian Jessie v8) PC's Samba after rebooting Orb

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

W10 unable 2 reconnect to my 12 yrs. old Linux (Debian Jessie v8) PC's Samba after rebooting Orbi.

This is with network cables with static IP addresses. I have to reboot my 64-bit W10 Pro. PC to make it work again. I am have all the updates for everything including Orbi RBK753S-100NAS router's.

Does anyone have this problem too and know how to fix it?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 5
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

Re: W10 unable 2 reconnect to my 12 yrs. old Linux (Debian Jessie v8) PC's Samba after rebooting Orb

@ant wrote:

This is with network cables with static IP addresses. I have to reboot my 64-bit W10 Pro. PC to make it work again. I am have all the updates for everything including Orbi RBK753S-100NAS router's.

Can you ping the Linux box from the W10 PC?

If you can ping it then the issue is probably a windows setting ie network discovery or UPNP.

Message 2 of 5
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@titaniumrx8 wrote:

@ant wrote:

Can you ping the Linux box from the W10 PC?

If you can ping it then the issue is probably a windows setting ie network discovery or UPNP.

Yes. Even SSH2 still connects and works. It's just file sharing (Samba) stops working after the router is rebooted.

Message 3 of 5
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

@ant
Yes. Even SSH2 still connects and works. It's just file sharing (Samba) stops working after the router is rebooted.

I use a different linux distro but a recent linux update killed Samba for me also. I had to change the SMB version on the server to SMB3 which is the minimum required for W10. For some reason the linux update reverted to SMB1.
Message 4 of 5
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Disabling and re-enabling my network device fixes it without needing to reboot my PC. Still weird/odd.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7