Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WTH!!! RAX120 = Crap then I buy Orbi AX6000 an now you cant separate wifi bands?

aonavy1
Guide

WTH!!! RAX120 = Crap then I buy Orbi AX6000 an now you cant separate wifi bands?

Please tell me Im missing something. You cant seperate 2.5 and 5ghz?im 15ft from my router and only a 5th of my speed because im on 2.4 right now

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: WTH!!! RAX120 = Crap then I buy Orbi AX6000 an now you cant separate wifi bands?

Orbi MESH systems don't support separation of SSIDs. MESH works differently then non MESH wifi routers. Mainly the wirelss backhaul. 

It's also up to devices to connect to either frequency, Not Orbi. 

You can help some of this. 

Try turning down the power output of the 2.4ghz radio from 100% to 75 or 50%. under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What devices are you using? 

Message 2 of 4
aonavy1
Guide

turning that down will effect my 2.4 stuff thats further away. UHG! I mean it works better then the rax120 but it still I cant do this. I made my guest network my other entowrk for now,.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7