Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When is new firmware coming out to support Circle and Armor for the RBR850 Orbi Mesh System

ttnj
Follower

When is new firmware coming out to support Circle and Armor for the RBR850 Orbi Mesh System

I recently purchased the Orbi RBK853 WiFi 6 mesh system (router and two satellites). I was told by customer service that Circle and Armor are not compatible with this mesh system (Orbi AX). They are in the process of creating a new firmware update that will hopefully allow this. It would be great to expedite this as I'm sure many users would like to be able to control the children's internet usage. If anyone has a workaround, please feel free to share.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: When is new firmware coming out to support Circle and Armor for the RBR850 Orbi Mesh System

Hopefully soon. Netgear released the RBK752 after the RBK852, and it already has Armor. I'm patiently waiting too. 

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: When is new firmware coming out to support Circle and Armor for the RBR850 Orbi Mesh System

The work around would be to buy the Bitdefender Box 2, and put your Orbi AX6000 in AP mode. 

I think I'll wait for the firmware update that includes Armor 🙂 

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:

NG doesn't give notice if or when Circle will be forthcoming to Orbi AX. You might ask the Mfr of Circle to see if they know or will tell you.

Good Luck. 

@ttnj wrote:

I recently purchased the Orbi RBK853 WiFi 6 mesh system (router and two satellites). I was told by customer service that Circle and Armor are not compatible with this mesh system (Orbi AX). They are in the process of creating a new firmware update that will hopefully allow this. It would be great to expedite this as I'm sure many users would like to be able to control the children's internet usage. If anyone has a workaround, please feel free to share.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi AX Community, 

With the release of firmware v3.2.15.25, we're excited to announce that the RBR850 series now supports Armor! Please update to the following firmware version to get your hands on Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061903/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-25

Best,

Christian

Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Orbi AX Community, 

With the release of firmware v3.2.15.25, we're excited to announce that the RBR850 series now supports Armor! Please update to the following firmware version to get your hands on Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061903/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-25

Best,

Christian

Hi @Christian_R,

Any information when Circle will be supported please?

Message 6 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ekhalil,

Hope you're doing well! Additional routers to support Circle has definitely been considered by our product teams. However, I do not have any further details on the RBR850 supporting Circle. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 9
FreikoB
Aspirant

We're a few months down the road... any news on this?

Desperately wating for this on my high end wifi... 😉

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

@FreikoB wrote:

We're a few months down the road... any news on this?

Desperately wating for this on my high end wifi... 😉

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7