Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi slow speed on AX6000

crunchy59
Aspirant

Wifi slow speed on AX6000

Hello , I have put 3 AX6000 on my network.

My service provider 1Gb, Speed test on LAN : 125Mb. on WIFI 19MB!

However, the satellites are connected to 1Gbs switches which are also connected to 1Gbs LAN.
On each switch where the satellites are connected, in LAN I have 120Mb in Wifi less than 20Mb.

I have try to reset factory, same pb: slow wifi connection, In 2.4 an 5GHz. My house is not big (under 100m²) And only 3 houses around me.

How can I do to increase the speed of the wifi?

Thanks.

C.

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Wifi slow speed on AX6000

The 1 Gb to 125 makes me curious if you test on the LAN in Gb/Mb (bits like carriers do) or MB as computers count data transfers.

Similar, for these 19 or 20 on WiFi - Mb/s or MB/s? Testing on your LAN or to the Internet?

Last but not least, what mobile WiFi clients are used? This is where o e would expect the big differences coming in after streamlining the units on a good set-up like yours.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this a Orbi system? If so, which model? AX6000 is not a model #

What CAT# LAN cable are you using? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Having too much wifi can also cause problems. For that size home you only need the RBR. 

https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

@crunchy59 wrote:

Hello , I have put 3 AX6000 on my network.

My service provider 1Gb, Speed test on LAN : 125Mb. on WIFI 19MB!

However, the satellites are connected to 1Gbs switches which are also connected to 1Gbs LAN.
On each switch where the satellites are connected, in LAN I have 120Mb in Wifi less than 20Mb.

I have try to reset factory, same pb: slow wifi connection, In 2.4 an 5GHz. My house is not big (under 100m²) And only 3 houses around me.

How can I do to increase the speed of the wifi?

Thanks.

C.

Message 3 of 5
crunchy59
Aspirant

Hello, I don't know why, but since this moorning, it's work well:

crunchy59_0-1657266481225.png

C.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru