Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Working Device Not Shown In Browser Interface Or Phone App (Orbi RBR750)

Haselmaier
Guide

Working Device Not Shown In Browser Interface Or Phone App (Orbi RBR750)

I found posts for this kind of issue that were relatively old (1 year and beyond) but nothing recent. 

Orbi RBR750 - 2-node system.  Firmware version V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

I have a device on 192.168.2.12.  It's a small box that talks to our electric meter.

From my Windows PC I can ping it.  Pointing a browser at it results in me getting the box's web UI.

This device is not shown in the list of attached devices either in the Orbi browser UI nor in the Orbi phone app.  From the router's perspective the IP is not assigned.  Yet it definitely exists and I can talk to it.

I've done a hard reset.  I even changed the SSID so I had to re-connect each device.  This IP has not been visible for quite a while - easily a day...but not sure for how long.

WTH?!  I'm stunned something with such a glaring error could make it through QA!  It's really making me question the quality of this mesh router.

Thoughts?

Jim

P.S.:  The device in question IS pingable from my Windows laptop.  It is NOT pingable from a Linux system I have.  Not sure if no-ability-to-ping from Linux is related - but the same Linux box IS able to ping other devices on the network besides this device at 192.168.2.12. 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Working Device Not Shown In Browser Interface Or Phone App (Orbi RBR750)

What is the brand and model # of this particular device. 

Something you might contact the Mfr about for help and support of there device. 

If this is the only device not seen on the RBRs UI and other devices are, maybe something in this devices networking system that doesn't work with with Orbi maybe. Some Mfrs may not follow standard networking and host name announcement practices. This would not be something that NG is responsible for.

Message 2 of 5
Haselmaier
Guide

Thanks and good point.  However this device (Eagle-100 by Rainforest Automation) has previously (if I recall correctly) been correctly represented in the device list in the past on this Orbi router.  And it has shown up correctly in the device list in a previous (non-Orbi) Netgear router.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable AX mode on the RBR? 

Message 4 of 5
RafS
Apprentice

I have the same issue with numerous devices. This started happening during the last 3 AWESOME firmware “updates” that Netgear released. The devices work but will not show up on the list. Sometimes if I restart the Orbi, they’ll come back but then on another restart, they’ll once again show up as disconnected without an IP address but continue to work. Nest thermostat is one of the devices, Samsung SmartThings hub (hardwired) is another and there are at least 3 more. The Orbi worked awesome when I first got it and now it’s one issue after another.  They introduced something into the code that is playing havoc with all of this but they know they can’t or won’t remove it so the issues continue and I have a feeling it’s a paid service so they rather people have issue than lose revenue on the service. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7