Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: YouTube TV unable to determine location iOS

YouTube TV unable to determine location iOS

YouTube TV application on iOS devices not able to determine location. After much research and troubleshooting with YouTube TV support I have determined it works fine if I turn off the guest network. But, as soon as I enable the guest network YouTube TV goes back to not allowing live local channels due to not being able to determine location.

RBR850/RBS850 AX6000

Firmware:V4.6.3.16

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the mobile device connected to the guest network when it's enabled or the main wifi SSID? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 11

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Spectrum/Charter Technicolor Docsis 3.1 Voice Internet Cable Modem Model E31T2V1

Is the mobile device connected to the guest network when it's enabled or the main wifi SSID? 

It happens connected to either guest or main. There are several Apple devices in my home network ranging from iPhone 6 to 13 with various versions of iOS

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Yes, multiple times.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have Armor or Smart Parental Controls enabled?

How about factory reset of the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch? 

Message 4 of 11

Do you have Armor or Smart Parental Controls enabled?

No, I do not and have not ever run either of them

How about factory reset of the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch? 

Was hoping not to have to do a factory reset. I have tons of home automation stuff that would need to be re-configured/setup. Smart thermostats, appliances, lights, outlets, door locks, air handlers, smoke detectors, dehumidifier, camera's, etc. It will take me hours to re do all that

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Make a backup config to file on the RBR of the current state:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Try a reset and before you load the backup config, test the guest network with youtube first, to see if there is any changes in behavior...

Message 6 of 11

Thanks, I will try that this coming weekend.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 11

I have created a config backup. Any specific advice regarding the factory reset? Any gotchas? I plan to just log into the router and factory reset, leaving the satellite connected, and then go thru setup.

Once I reload the config file will all my previously registered devices automatically connect, or will I need to manually need to connect them?

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Don't enable Armor, Access Controls or Smart Parental Controls on Orbi App. 

Just setup wifi config using same name and PW as before, sync RBS if needed. Your devices should auto reconnect once SSID name and PW is applied. 

Message 10 of 11

Did not get an opportunity to hard reset this past weekend. my wide needed the internet and I didn't want to risk a prolonged outage. Happy wife, happy life. LOL

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7