Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: allow specific MAC address

flyerBob
Aspirant

allow specific MAC address

I am having trouble connecting an external device. Is it possible the device is being blocked? Is there a way to enable it - say by MAC address?

The Orbi Router says model RBR750

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What device are you trying to get connected? 

Message 2 of 4
flyerBob
Aspirant

The model number of my Orbi seems to be RBR750.

When I installed it, it updated the firmware to the latest version.

the device I am rying to connect is a Phyn Plus home water monitoring system. I had it connected to a previous WiFi that I was upgrading.

I was able to get it to connect by using 'Wireless Settings" - "Enable AX" set to enable 2.4 GHz with enable 5 GHz turned off.

On the Phyn water monitor side, I completely reset the unit to actory settings, and then deleted the entire installation from the iPhone Phyn app; and reinstalled as if installing to a new home.

I am not sure if I can turn the 5GHz back on. I had a problem, but there was also a power outage and reset during my attempts.

* If I have to leave AX 5GHz turned off, will this have a negative impact on the normal function of my normal network?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No you can leave AX mode disaabled. You can enable AX mode on 5Ghz as well. Any 2.4Ghz only devices will not see or care what happens on 5Ghz.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7