Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

bug with Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 - extra devices showing up - RBR752

bug with Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 - extra devices showing up - RBR752

I have the RBR752 which is the Costco deal with the main unit and 2 satellites.

I just did the update to Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49. Everything went through fine, but then I opened up the mobile app and saw a bunch of extra devices listed (not connected), like over 100.  Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 11.16.03 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 11.16.29 AM.jpg

On the web browser management interface, if you go into the access control page and look at " View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network" you see devices like the below, just far fewer. Why isn't it the same list of devices? That's confusing. 

DEV-4A:66:80E2:64:91:4A:66:80Wireless

All the ones in the mobile app start with DEV or they are different models of Iphones and such, there's just a lot more of them.  It appears to be all sorts of devices that Netgear had been testing with or simulating connections with. 

The important thing to note is that these are in the ALLOWED devices list, so if you have enabled access control, now there's over 100 devices in that list that you didn't put there.  I've been going in and deleting them one by one. You have to tap the > for each device and then tap on delete. I would imagine under the covers there's a file somewhere you can edit via command line. If someone knows where that is, please share. I have not delved into this device much. Kind of disappointed by it really, and especially that there's no 3rd party firmware for it. Voxel only works on older models. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: bug with Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 - extra devices showing up - RBR752

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Try a factory reset and setup from scratch.

Try un-installing the Orbi app then re-install it. 

Message 2 of 4

Re: bug with Firmware Version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 - extra devices showing up - RBR752

Is this a joke? An upgrade of firmware should just work. Factory resets are only a last resort.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Nope. FR are a troubleshooting step. 

If your having Orbi app problems, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7