Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

compatibility RBK352 e RBK752

Gianfi
Follower

compatibility RBK352 e RBK752

I am buying a RBK752. Is it compatible with RBK352? 

thank you

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: compatibility RBK352 e RBK752

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

I don't believe they are since the 3 series is only dual band while the 7 and 9 series are Tri band systems. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: compatibility RBK352 e RBK752

@Gianfi wrote:

I am buying a RBK752. Is it compatible with RBK352? 

thank you

Compatible is a bit ambiguous. Yes, it is. And no, it is not.

The RBK352 can be connected to any brand of router using an ethernet cable to act as a separate WiFi system, either in router or Access point mode. This would result in two independent WiFi systems in the same building.  Even if you gave both of them exactly the same name (SSID) and password, they will remain separate systems. Devices will connect to whichever unit has the strongest signal and will not roam to units on the other system.

But, no. The RBK352 satellites will not function as satellites on the RBK752 system. They have different backhaul radios and different modulation schemes. No way. No how.  And, the RBR350 router cannot be attached as a satellite to any model of Orbi.

Assuming that the goal is to reuse some (or all) of the RBK352 by integrating it into the new RBK752 system, the answer is "no".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7