Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help..RBR750 lost connection to satellites

shellieg1
Aspirant

help..RBR750 lost connection to satellites

oh please help me..somebody with a brain that is working better then mine right now LOL. I am SO frustrated with this system right now. Last night, the connection between one satellite (That happens to have my tivo ) lost connection.

1. I pulled the power plug to reboot the satellite.. Still no connection. I thought I would be tricky so I switched out a second satellite (I have 4) rebooted and plugged in my Ethernet cable from the tivo.   Still no connection.

2. I rebooted my Orbi Router. Still no connection.

3. I unplugged my modem, my netgear nighthawk and my Orbi. waited..plugged..Modem then nighthawk then Orbi.Is coonected to the nighthawk which is connected to my modem.  Still nothing.

4. I re synced several times still no satellites found.

% Frustrates as hell I pulled the plug on everything and pressed the reset button on the orbi router and satellites.

5. Using the app I proceeded to setup everything but the app only finds the router still.

6. I have tried everything I can think of.

My netgear nighthawk is flashed so that is why my obi is connected to it instead of the second ethernet port on my arris modem.

HELP??

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: help..RBR750 lost connection to satellites

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Might need to factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. 

Message 2 of 9
shellieg1
Aspirant

Thank you for reaching out to me. I am at my wits end. Why does everything run smooth;y for months and then ..bam..

Firmware v4.6.5.14

My internet provider is comcast/xfinity and I am using my own modem/ Arris surfboard T25

Connected by cable/coax

I have tried a factory reset and the router is discovered but none of the satellites.

At least I pressed the factory reset button on all of the devices. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Rachele

Message 3 of 9
shellieg1
Aspirant

Oh..I also am trying to hook up without using my flashed netgear nighthawk router but still only the router shows up. grrrrrrr

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If the RBR is setup, bring one of the RBS to same room as the RBR. 

Use the RBRs web page to add a RBS using a web broswer. Follow the instruction on the RBRs web page for adding a satellite...

See if the RBS can be added here.

Message 5 of 9
shellieg1
Aspirant

Hi,

Yup..Tried that and it starts to add going as far as resyncing but then it fails. I am so lost here. You are so nice helping me out.

Thanks again

Rachele

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Wondering if your RBS are at v.2 FW while the RBR was downgraded to v.14...This would cause this issue. 

Message 7 of 9
shellieg1
Aspirant

Hi,

I wouldn't be able to  check that out I dont think as I ca not get any read on the satellites.

The saga continues... Christine is helping me out too..

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in contact. I've asked about users getting v2 back on there RBRs in cases where the RBR was downgraded and the RBS were not. If v.2 was updated on the RBR, I presume the RBS will probably reconnect correctly. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7