Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites

Pad-Rock
Aspirant

iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites

I have broadly the same issue as the one described.  I have the RBR750 Router plus two satellites - the firmware versions V4.6.9.11(router) & V4.6.5.14 (satellites), although I've had the issue for quite a while and through multiple firmware updates.

Same as the OP, whenever my iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites / router they looses connection whilst still showing up as being connected to the Wi-Fi in the devices' settings.  My way to get them to work again is to toggle 'Private Wi-Fi Address' on and off to force them to reconnect.  They will eventually reconnect if left for long enough, but it's not exactly seamless.  I've tried having 'Limit IP address Tracking' both on and off on the devices, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've done a bit of Googling and searching through the settings, but can't quite work out what is going wrong  Hoping someone might be able to help and point out a simple setting I've missed!

Message 1 of 3
Pad-Rock
Aspirant

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites

I have broadly the same issue as the one described.  I have the RBR750 Router plus two satellites - the firmware versions V4.6.9.11(router) & V4.6.5.14 (satellites), although I've had the issue for quite a while and through multiple firmware updates.

Same as the OP, whenever my iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites / router they looses connection whilst still showing up as being connected to the Wi-Fi in the devices' settings.  My way to get them to work again is to toggle 'Private Wi-Fi Address' on and off to force them to reconnect.  They will eventually reconnect if left for long enough, but it's not exactly seamless.  I've tried having 'Limit IP address Tracking' both on and off on the devices, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've done a bit of Googling and searching through the settings, but can't quite work out what is going wrong  Hoping someone might be able to help and point out a simple setting I've missed!

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro move around the house and jump between satellites

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

It's recommended that while your at home to keep Wifi Private IP Address disabled as it's not needed while your at home on a home network: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Also the RBS should be on same version of FW as what the RBR has loaded. You might loose connection with the RBS and becomes problematic to get them updated. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7