Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

issues with wifi stalling

jamescp
Follower

issues with wifi stalling

hello all,

i'm having an issue where at times you have to turn off the wifi and then turn it back on to get certain things to load. it seems to mostly be on our iphones. i recently read that the main router and satellite should be 30 feet apart so i've moved the satellite as far away as possible (1500 sqft house using the satellite for good wifi in the backyard). the setup is as follows:

pfsense router -> qnap qsw-m2108-2c switch -> cisco 3560g switch (yes i know it's old but it's a tank and does its job well) -> rbr750 in access point mode -> wireless backhaul to rbs750. all products in the network are running the latest firmware/versions.

i do notice that the cisco reports undersized packets from the port the orbi system is connected to, changing ports repeats the issue so it's not the port on the switch. it doesn't appear that anything is jumping around roaming too much from what i can see. any other thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: issues with wifi stalling

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Using the WAN port on the RBR connected to the Switch? 

What happens if you connect the RBR to the PFSense router directly? By passing  all switches? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What CAT# LAN cable are you using? CAT5 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7