Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: not meeting internet speed

hh_orbi
Aspirant

not meeting internet speed

Hi,

I have 600Mbps download/25 Mbps upload internet service from Xfinity. I run a speed test on my Modem C3700-100NAS & Orbi WiFi 6 RBK753S-100NAS router via Ethernet cable. I was only getting 225 Mbps download.

Is my Modem C3700 cannot handle more download speed? 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/cable-modems-routers/C3700.aspx

• Cable Internet speeds up to 340 Mbps‡— 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels
  • Fast Dual Band WiFi Speeds—N600 WiFi for up to 600Mbps
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Comcast requires at least a 16x4 modem for speeds >150mbps. The fact that you're hitting 225mbps on it is actually pretty impressive.

The C3700 is technically capable of "up to 340mbps" but its based on the cable network provider. Comcast doesn't certify it for their speeds and their network won't hit those speeds on a 8x4 device.

so if you want to hit the 600mbps that you pay for, its time for a modem upgrade.  

Message 2 of 8
BiGMERF
Apprentice

i have centurylink gig fiber.. i only get a fraction of my speeds wirelessly also.. so its not uncommon..

900/900 at the orbi

350/250 wirlessly

so your not alone

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@BiGMERF wrote:

i have centurylink gig fiber.. i only get a fraction of my speeds wirelessly also.. so its not uncommon..

900/900 at the orbi

350/250 wirlessly

so your not alone

This makes zero sense and is pointless to the conversation. the OP is talking about the C3700. And using it wired. They're wondering why they can't hit faster wired speed or at least hit what they pay for wired through their modem. And its a cable modem. NOT a fibre modem. 

Message 4 of 8
BiGMERF
Apprentice

your right.. my bad....

Message 5 of 8
hh_orbi
Aspirant

I was testing my speed fro the wired. But mostly my usage is is via wireless.

Any recommendation modem to meet my speed? Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
hh_orbi
Aspirant

Should I just drop the Orbi set up and just use Model: C6900 only?

Will this be enough for my internet 600Mbps download?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If your on a 600Mpbs ISP service, you'll need a new modem. Something like a CM1000 then connect the Orbi behind this modem to achieve 600Mpbs on a wired connection. Check  with your ISP to see what they support on there network first before buying. Wireless, depending upon your wireless device support and design, may max out at around 400-500Mpbs. AX devices should be able to see near 600Mpbs depending on there design and support. 

@hh_orbi wrote:

Should I just drop the Orbi set up and just use Model: C6900 only?

Will this be enough for my internet 600Mbps download?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7