Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi wifi 6 RBR750

juju70
Follower

orbi wifi 6 RBR750

Why can't i get the satellites to connect.  One connects and the other will not.  The wifi also shows as unsecured on the iphones.  I am at the point of taking apart and returning because this is just not worth the hassle.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbi wifi 6 RBR750

What Firmware version is currently loaded? Be sure the RBS are loaded with same version of FW as the RBR.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7