Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbt setup, no connection to internet

bwang
Aspirant

orbt setup, no connection to internet

I have Verizon fios and just purchased the Orbi RBK754.  I am trying to set it up connected directly to the Verizon ONT.  Ethernet port is active on the ONT.  And I released DHCP on the Verizon Quantum Gateway router before shutting it down based on suggestions I read so far.  However, the Orbi setup reaches the last step which is checking for internet connection. It says "no internet conenction found".  Any additional suggestions on why this is happening? 

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: orbt setup, no connection to internet

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 10
vajim
Master

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting up the RBR with out it being connected to the ONT. You can manuall set it up and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser. Once you have it setup and configured. Power OFF the ONT and RBR. Connect the RBR to the ONT and power it ON. then power ON the RBR. Use the RBRs web page to check for the Internet status on the basic tab. 

@bwang wrote:

I have Verizon fios and just purchased the Orbi RBK754.  I am trying to set it up connected directly to the Verizon ONT.  Ethernet port is active on the ONT.  And I released DHCP on the Verizon Quantum Gateway router before shutting it down based on suggestions I read so far.  However, the Orbi setup reaches the last step which is checking for internet connection. It says "no internet conenction found".  Any additional suggestions on why this is happening? 

Message 4 of 10
bwang
Aspirant

Thanks for all the help. Connecting a PC to the router and use the Web setup did the trick.  The mobile app setup process was well designed and very simple, but just does not work in this situation. 

Message 5 of 10
vajim
Master

@bwang wrote:

Thanks for all the help. Connecting a PC to the router and use the Web setup did the trick.  The mobile app setup process was well designed and very simple, but just does not work in this situation. 

many gave up on the app including me who never uses it

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it up and running. Ya, once the system is setup. the orbi app can be used to review the system and see whats connected and such. Not alot of features to the app. You can disable some devices and run a speed test. I don't use it much. 

Be sure to run a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@bwang wrote:

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Glad you got it up and running. Ya, once the system is setup. the orbi app can be used to review the system and see whats connected and such. Not alot of features to the app. You can disable some devices and run a speed test. I don't use it much. 

Be sure to run a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@bwang wrote:

The orbi app is useless 

Message 8 of 10
cjschuylkill
Aspirant

Thanks. In the end, being on with Netgear chat support, I was able to get it to work by hitting the reset button on the Orbi and going through all the steps again, and directly accessing the webpage through the 10.0.0.1 address (the other default addresses are used by my modem). Once I was through all that, the app on my phone started to work. So, A+ for the support staff, although it took hours, and like a D- for an app and setup that clearly couldn't work without their helpline's intervention on a device that was pretty pricey. I also found that when it wasn't going anywhere and I had lost confidence in the product, getting a return authorization was going to be a huge hassle (I ordered it direct from Netgear, not Amazon, as I'm trying to give less business to Amazon -- but Amazon honors returns).

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

@cjschuylkill wrote:

Thanks. In the end, being on with Netgear chat support, I was able to get it to work by hitting the reset button on the Orbi and going through all the steps again, and directly accessing the webpage through the 10.0.0.1 address (the other default addresses are used by my modem). Once I was through all that, the app on my phone started to work. So, A+ for the support staff, although it took hours, and like a D- for an app and setup that clearly couldn't work without their helpline's intervention on a device that was pretty pricey. I also found that when it wasn't going anywhere and I had lost confidence in the product, getting a return authorization was going to be a huge hassle (I ordered it direct from Netgear, not Amazon, as I'm trying to give less business to Amazon -- but Amazon honors returns).

IMHO....much of your headaches were caused by Verizon

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7