Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: password doesn't work for mobile app

DoctorA
Luminary

password doesn't work for mobile app

I clean installed the orbi app on my iphone Xs Max but my wifi password showing on my desktop NG GUI is not working in the last step "Log In to Your Orbi".

Showing:

user name

admin

Password(Default name is password)

after entering the password the app shows:

I rebooted the router from the desktop browser's  NG GUI but it is still not working.

Yesterday I added a second wired RBS 50 satellite to RBR 850 through RBS 850 and I decided to reinstall the mobile app since it was showing a wireless device as wired.

By the way, the second wired RBS 50 satellite  is working fine and now covers my backyard level floor and the outdoor area. RBR 850 and RBS 850are both  located on the top floor and are covering the second and the third floor just fine.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Bandito
Luminary

What password is it requesting?  The WiFi password or the admin password?

Since it started after you added in the RBS50 satellite, have you tried using the password that you originally used on the RBK50 system?  You may also want to remove the RBS50 satellite and try again.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

@DoctorA wrote:

Yes, I see the same issue with the app quite often.

When this happens, you just need to close the app (force close it) and open the app again.

Message 2 of 7
DoctorA
Luminary

I completly closed the app many times and opened the app again but that didn't help. I even removed the app and installed it again and that didn't help either. 
I Rebooted the RBR 850 router in different ways, from the desktop GUI and by disconnecting the power but that didn't help.
I disconnected the RBS 50 and that didn't work either.
The only thing left is factory reset which I hate to do like many others in this forum.

@ekhalil wrote:

@DoctorA wrote:

Yes, I see the same issue with the app quite often.

When this happens, you just need to close the app (force close it) and open the app again.

Message 3 of 7
DoctorA
Luminary

How is iPhone NG app after the latest firmware update for people who had problems before. Mine was fine even before the latest update. The problem started after I added an RBS-50.

The phone app showed the correct daisy chain network topography like this:

RBR 850---> RBS 850---> RBS 50.

After a router restart it is asking for a''correct" password for weeks now. I tried everything people suggested except hard factory reset.

Message 4 of 7
Bandito
Luminary

Since it started after you added in the RBS50 satellite, have you tried using the password that you originally used on the RBK50 system?  You may also want to remove the RBS50 satellite and try again.

Message 5 of 7
DoctorA
Luminary

It is asking for admin password.
The two additional RBS 50 satellites are brand new.

@Bandito wrote:

Message 6 of 7
DoctorA
Luminary

@Bandito wrote:

Thank you, Solved. 

WiFi password and the admin password are different now.

Originally both WiFi and admin passwords were the same. Obviously my son has  "slightly" changed the first letter of my admin password from lower to upper case few weeks ago.

For the new users this is an important lesson.

There are 3 separate sets of user names and passwords involved here: WiFi, admin and Netgear account.

1. During the initial setup Netgear forces you to change the admin password. The default password is password. Then you set-up your Wi-Fi password. 

2.To set up your Orbi app on your phone you need your Netgear account e-mail and password. 

3.Then you need admin and password to finish the app set-up. (The default password is password but Netgear forces you to change in the initial set-up).

Warning:

If your gamer kids like mine, are obcessed with your internet speed, latency, and packet loss, they will beg for your passwords to make it "better".

Make sure they don't change your passwords though.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7