Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbk750 connection issues

aluch
Follower

rbk750 connection issues

I recently upgraded from the RB50 series to the RBK750 series. Now I have a wifi power switch that randomly loses connection - sometimes they reconnect on their own; however, they require a power reset.  I've tried customer service they had me change the broadcast channels (this had no effect). Nxt they had me do a firmware downgrade (this did help some in that some of the switches now seem to stay connected, also prior once they lost connection they would not reconnect, now about half the time they reconnect).

I have the main route and satellites in the exact same location and before and actuall have a bit stronger signal strength width the 750.  All of the switches are on the 2.4G side and they are all from the same vendor.   Also seem to be connected through the satellite.

Anyone else have this problem or found a fix?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbk750 connection issues

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, SPC, Traffic Meter.
Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7