Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rbr750

kristopherleej
Aspirant

rbr750

Greetings, one of the satelites is shown offline. It has been in the same room of the house for about 8 months. I unplugged it for several minutes and plugged it back in and it still did not connect. I did a re-boot on the router for the system and let everything sync up again and it still didnt connect. What else can I try?

Message 1 of 7
kristopherleej
Aspirant

I also made sure the firmware was up to date. 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try syncing the RBS while in same room as RBR? 

Swap Locations with the other RBS? 

Message 3 of 7
kristopherleej
Aspirant

thanks, about 3000 sq ft. The RBS and RBR are both on the 2nd floor about 25ft away (2 rooms over) RBS is in a bedroom (office) and the RFR is in the family room. I tried bringing the RBS into the same room to sync, not sure if I am syncing correctly. I press the sync button on both and hold or release quickly?

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Press once fully then release...

Last resort, 

Factory reset the RBR and RBS. when you see the front pulsating WHITE, Power OFF for 2 minutes on the RBR and RBS. Leave the RBS OFF. Walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR using a wired PC and web browser. Check internet access with the RBR only. Wired and wireless. 

When the RBR is back to ready, use the sync buttons on the RBS and RBR to sync the RBS. I would do this with the RBS in same room as teh RBR. 10 feet distance. 

Message 5 of 7
kristopherleej
Aspirant

Tried that and it is still not syncing. I have another RBS downstairs and is has not lost connection. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and let them know what or having problems with. 

You can open a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

@DarrenM @ChristineT 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7