Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

satelite Orbi RBK852 disconnecting

CharlyPy
Aspirant

satelite Orbi RBK852 disconnecting

Hello, 

I'm in trouble with a router and a satellite RBK852

I am using them since 2 years and since 2months i have many trouble.

I am in router mode just behind my FAI. I have an ethernet link between my FAI and my router. After that i have an other ethernet between my router and my satelite (too far from the router).

I tried it in access point,  without and wither ethernet. I can link them but they are disconnect many time in a day.

Did someone. already face this kind of issue?

I don't know if there is a link but i figure out a red alimentation led behind my satelite.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: satelite Orbi RBK852 disconnecting

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 7
CharlyPy
Aspirant

Hello Furry,

I use the version: V3.2.18.1

My network provider is Free with the freebox revolution

I have a have of 60m2 on 2 floors

I began by use a patch panel :

From my box to my orbi router (in router mode) and from my router to my patch panel and to my orbi satellite (in ethernet).

As it was not working, i try to put 8m without ethernet between my router and my satellite but it didn't work also. 

This is my channel settings

RegionEurope

2.4G ChannelAuto (13)

2.4G Wireless mode:Up to 1147 Mbps

5G Channel36 + 40(P) + 44 + 48

5G Wireless mode:Up to 2402 Mbps

4 others wifi received.

I will try to set the channel manually but i have the feeling that the trouble come from the IP assignation

Message 3 of 7
CharlyPy
Aspirant

And i have something maybe strange. When i see the hardware the orbi application say that i use a RBR850 with a RBS850. Anyway i still have the backhaul status of my satellite disconnected

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)?

So when you have the RBS near the RBR and connected the RBS isn't sycning fully?

Does the RBS connect to the RBR while in same room with the RBS using the sync buttons in back of the RBS and RBR? 

Would need to make sure the FW on the RBS is the same version as the RBR as well...

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Check the RBS web page for FW version. If it's not the same, Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file downloaded from here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbs850.aspx#download

Message 5 of 7
CharlyPy
Aspirant

Yes there are not syncing. Yesterday i reset factory both.

i have no problem with the router but i can't link the satellite to the router and i can see sometime a wifi orbi coming from the satellite.

I will try your proposal to reset the satelite.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements