Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

service unreachable AX 4200 RBS750

wifiblues
Luminary

service unreachable AX 4200 RBS750

hi 

wanted to update fw to the latest version available this week.

on the orbilogin page, the manual update box lists two of three satelittes status as unreachable - it also does not list the satellites as RBS750.  

any thoughts?

Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: service unreachable AX 4200 RBS750

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Possible the NG update service is down. We don't get that kind of info though here. 

You can manually install if you like:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 2 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

current fw is v4.6.3.16

spectrum - Hitron E31N2V1

strange that the Orbi app lists the satellites but the orbi login.com does not

Message 3 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

will the update take if the Orbi login page does not recognize the sattelite?

Message 4 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the RBS seen on the RBRs connected clients page? If they are, then use the IP address given to them to access the RBS web page and send the FW file there. Update the RBS first, then RBR lastly. 

Message 5 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

the RBS IP address is listed and I plugged that number into two different browsers and it could not be reached.

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Even if you bring the RBS 1 at a time to same room as the RBR and connect them wirelessly, you can't reach there web pages? 

Message 7 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

have not tried that - to bring each one closer to the router to reach the IP address for the satellite - 

if i do a factory reset on the satellites - can i update to the latest firmware?  assuming that after the reset, the satellite will be recognized.

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes...Reset maybe needed here.

Message 9 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

what are the steps for factory reset and re sync to the router?

Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Either press the reset button for 15 seconds on the back of the RBR or RBS. Another way for the RBR is to reset the RBR using the ERASE button on the RBRs web page under Advanced tab/Admin/Backup

Power OFF The ISP Modem as well for 30 seconds then back on. Walk thru the setup wizard and be sure to write down all important information. Be sure not to enable Armor, Access Controls, QoS or Traffic Meter on the RBR. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4

Message 11 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

thank you!  i reset and it the model number is now showing up in the orbilogin.com!

Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Once it's all updated, I recommend powering OFF the ISP Modem, RBR and RBS for a good full minute or more, then back in with the modem, then RBR then RBS. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.
Enjoy. 📡

Message 13 of 15
wifiblues
Luminary

thanks for reminding me to power off - i updated the fw yesterday and forgot to do that.

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements