Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: unable to access web interface or orbi app

ae6dx00
Guide

unable to access web interface or orbi app

I have remote access enabled on my Orbi. I can ping its IP address ands connect via VPN. but both thew web interface and app refuse to connect. Devices on the network are getting an internet connection. This just started today. RBK853 AX6000

Message 1 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

Modem Ubee EU2251. Not sure of orbi firmware version as I can't access the inferface. But I know a few days ago it said it was up to date. Just to be clear this used to work fine and all of a sudden stopped.
Message 3 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

For any Orbi app issues, please visit and post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 4 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

No it has not.  Do I really need to do that?  Seems like a drastic step to have to redo all the settings.

Message 5 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, would be a troubleshooting step. 

Firmware Version: V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

CPU Load: 12.64%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 497 MB/867 MB

System Uptime: 11 days 06:29:00

Still have access to both RBRs web page and Orbi app works. 

Message 6 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

One thing I find odd too is that I can connect to the web interface of one satelitew but not the other or the router.

Message 7 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

In addition when I dfirst aset up the two satelites the Orbi app kept saying it couldnt connect to them.  Then after a while I accessed the routers webpage and it said the satelites were set up.  Then the app confirmed thew same.  But now I have the problem I've been talking about here.  Could the hardware be bad?

Message 8 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

I would first reset and setup the RBR alone with out any RBS connected. Use a wired PC or latop and walk thru the setup wizard. Once the RBR is setup, try connecting the Orbi app. 

Message 9 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

Does this happen oiften with Orbi where it has to be reset?  Seems like a real hinderance if all the settings have to be reapplied.  As I understand it backups are no good if the formware has been upgraded.  Just curious.

I have a Nighthawk X10 R9000 that has never had this issue.

Message 10 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Not really, shouldn't have to. I've only done one since loading last FW. Sometimes we've noticed odd issues with log in not working or a phantom satellite appears. Only way to resolve this is to reset. 

It's best to reset, setup from scratch and then create a new backup configuration to file for the version you have loaded.

Message 11 of 19
ae6dx00
Guide

I was able to fix this by just power cycling the main router. Did not have to reset or power cycle the satellite
Message 12 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 
Enjoy. 

Message 13 of 19
s3v3n
Aspirant

I have this exact issue occurring with my AX6000 units. For some odd reason, periodically I will not be able to access my system via the app "issues connecting to #wifi' and the router GUI via 127.0.0.1 is unresponsive. Manual reset of the main router will correct the issue, but issue will occur again. A factory reset does not resolve permanently.

3x AX6000 running the latest firmware, new issue.
Message 14 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBRs web page is located at 192.168.1.1 by default no 127.0.0.1. 

What FW version are you using? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@s3v3n wrote:
I have this exact issue occurring with my AX6000 units. For some odd reason, periodically I will not be able to access my system via the app "issues connecting to #wifi' and the router GUI via 127.0.0.1 is unresponsive. Manual reset of the main router will correct the issue, but issue will occur again. A factory reset does not resolve permanently.

3x AX6000 running the latest firmware, new issue.

Message 15 of 19
s3v3n
Aspirant

Blah, I meant 192.168.1.1; not 127.0.0.1. Sorry for the mistake, late night.

Firmware is 3.2.18.1 on router and satellite units.

Network equipment is Netgear CM1100 modem aggregation linked to the AX6000 unit. DHCP is disabled on the router as I maintain a Pihole for the DHCP and DNS.

ISP is Comcast with gigabit, 1000/35
Message 16 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Wonder if this problem still happens if LAG is disabled and you enable DHCP on the RBR instead of using PiHole? 

Has a full power OFF of the ISP Modem and RBR for 30 seconds been performed since last update? 

Any factory resets since? 

Message 17 of 19
s3v3n
Aspirant

To be frank, I haven't tested defaulting to the more traditional setup. Not to be that guy, however my setup is the set it and forget it type of environment and I just started noticing the issue with no changes to my network configuration. If the issue becomes more of an annoyance than it represents now, I may try a factory reset of the router and not use the pi-hole. Issue does not appear to be service disrupting; just more of an annoyance. Issue can be quickly resolved by resetting the main orbi unit. Restarting the modem or pi-hole alone will not resolve the issue as I was curious if the issue would resolved. Unfortunately the main unit has to be power cycled and between work, kids and family. I would rather not have to reset my network unless required.
Message 18 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya sounds like the web page services stops for some reason or gets hosed up. Something I have not need on mine however I don't run mine with PiHole or LAG enabled. 

I'd take a backup config to file for safe keeping, then when you can, factory reset, either test it out to see if the problem continues or load the back up config from file and test it again.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7