Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it me or is Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS' wifi guest network unstable compared to non-guest wifi?

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Is it me or is Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS' wifi guest network unstable compared to non-guest wifi?

I have been noticing that since day 1 on 12/8/2020, so it didn't matter which firmwares. Even when I am in the adjacent room (between a wall) next to the router with iPhones (6 + and 12 mini).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 4
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Is it me or is Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS' wifi guest network unstable compared to non-guest wi

No one knows? 😞

Message 2 of 4
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

Re: Is it me or is Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS' wifi guest network unstable compared to non-guest wi

I have had the guest network turned off ever since the 4.x updates.

When I have a chance I'll test guest again. My goal is to use guest for some of the less secure IoT devices that don't need access to network resources. On Nighthawk these devices were on a separate vlan with internet-only access. Hoping to use guest to get them isolated again because orbi provides no vlan capability.
Message 3 of 4
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@titaniumrx8 wrote:
I have had the guest network turned off ever since the 4.x updates.

When I have a chance I'll test guest again. My goal is to use guest for some of the less secure IoT devices that don't need access to network resources. On Nighthawk these devices were on a separate vlan with internet-only access. Hoping to use guest to get them isolated again because orbi provides no vlan capability.

Any updates yet? As for me, I updated, resetted, and reconfigured my firmwares. Same results. 😞

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7