Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing confirm button when manually updating firmware.

bestsongever99
Follower

Missing confirm button when manually updating firmware.

When trying to manually update my firmware to downgrade? Since "updating" to new version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 I have been having issues connecting to Wi-Fi, dropping connections when streaming Plex or any type of service at least twice every 10 minutes sometimes more. But when I tried to manually update my firmware I setup the RBS750 just fine but then after I try to do the router and apparently they remove the yes/confirm button so I'm stuck with this update that has been horrible right after I downloaded it. Sometimes certain devices can connect to the Wi-Fi but it can't connect to the internet even though it's available but if I open a guest Network they can log in just fine. Does anybody have any ideas for me please? Also I have the RBR75 Orbit AX4200 Tri-band wiFi Router but of course it's missing from their model list.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Missing confirm button when manually updating firmware.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your RBR50 device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Downgrading from v4 to v3 is not supported. 

Try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. If your problems continue, please open a support ticket with NG. 

@bestsongever99 wrote:
When trying to manually update my firmware to downgrade? Since "updating" to new version V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 I have been having issues connecting to Wi-Fi, dropping connections when streaming Plex or any type of service at least twice every 10 minutes sometimes more. But when I tried to manually update my firmware I setup the RBS750 just fine but then after I try to do the router and apparently they remove the yes/confirm button so I'm stuck with this update that has been horrible right after I downloaded it. Sometimes certain devices can connect to the Wi-Fi but it can't connect to the internet even though it's available but if I open a guest Network they can log in just fine. Does anybody have any ideas for me please? Also I have the RBR75 Orbit AX4200 Tri-band wiFi Router but of course it's missing from their model list.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bestsongever99

The downgrade from FW v4.6.3.7 back to 3.2.18.1 is not supported. Therefore you will notice that there isn't an option to click "Yes". 

Please check your inbox. I have sent you a message requesting for more information. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7