Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 RBS750 Firmware Update 3.2.17.12

BlackbirdSR71
Follower

RBR750 RBS750 Firmware Update 3.2.17.12

Hi,

I have a RBR750/RBS750 setup running with firmware V3.2.16.22.  Recently I noticed that on the Negear support web site, it indicates there is a new firmware version 3.2.17.12 available.  It will fix issue like not able to run speed test from the app.  However, when I try to do a firmware check from orbilogin web page, it always says I have the latest firmware.  Anyone have any idea what is happening here?  (I avoid doing it manually which requires to download the firmware and then apply it to the satellite first and then the router).  

Message 1 of 7
vajim
Master

You may want to post your questions here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 7
vajim
Master

You may want to post your questions here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Message 4 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

@BlackbirdSR71 wrote:

Hi,

I have a RBR750/RBS750 setup running with firmware V3.2.16.22.  Recently I noticed that on the Negear support web site, it indicates there is a new firmware version 3.2.17.12 available.  It will fix issue like not able to run speed test from the app.  However, when I try to do a firmware check from orbilogin web page, it always says I have the latest firmware.  Anyone have any idea what is happening here?  (I avoid doing it manually which requires to download the firmware and then apply it to the satellite first and then the router).  

It is normal for companies to gradually update their installed customers with new firmware or software versions.  Mobile app vendors do the same each time they make a new app version available in the app store.

This gradual rollout policy is to reduce risk, e.g., if there is some unexpected issue with the new firmware they want to minimize the set of customers negatively impacted by the bug.  By gradually rolling out new firmware releases and monitoring customer-reported issues, they can halt the rollout as soon as a small number of customers begin reporting issues.  They can also accelerate the rollout as more customers use the new firmware but do not report problems.  The gradual rollout period might be over several weeks.

Therefore it's expected that most Orbi systems will not automatically detect the new firmware release soon aftert it's announced and posted for manual download.  For most customers it's okay and they don't need to update right away.  Making these new releases available on the support website supports anyone who does need the latest fixes or who wants to upgrade as soon as possible.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@BlackbirdSR71 wrote:

Hi,

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

Any progress on this?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements