Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 no longer broadcasts 2.4ghz

mmiller0
Initiate

RBR750 no longer broadcasts 2.4ghz

A few days ago I noticed some of my 2.4ghz only smart home devices were having connectivity issues and after troubleshooting it appears that my Orbi RBR750 is no longer broadcasting a 2.4ghz network (the satellite is). If I disconnect the satellite all of my 2.4ghz devices drop from the connected devices list (both iOS app and web UI), and I have also confirmed using WiFi Explorer that no 2.4ghz network is available when the satellite is disconnected. Nothing has changed on my configuration, and I am running the latest public firmware (V4.6.3.7_2.0.49). I have also tried doing a factory reset and see the same issue. I called support but since I am between 90 days and 1 year only the hardware warrantly is still in effect and they were unwilling to do any diagnosing without my paying for extra support. Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 no longer broadcasts 2.4ghz

Has a full power OFF of the RBR with pulling the power adapter after the factory set for 1 minute been performed? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a full power OFF of the RBR with pulling the power adapter after the factory set for 1 minute been performed? 

Message 2 of 4
mmiller0
Initiate

Well geez that was easy. I had pulled the power but obviously not for long enough. I disconnected power from both the satellite and router for 2-3 minutes and now everything is working again. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesomeness. Glad its working again.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7