Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router RBR750 not allowing Internet access

JimWS
Tutor

Router RBR750 not allowing Internet access

I ireceived and nitiated the Orbi RBR750 with sateliite and was working yesterday . This morning no internet - Sparklight vie fiber when running through the router.. When plugging from modem to Apple iMac excellent upload and download of 960 MBps , Restarted modem. Restarted router no help. No internet activity when running through the modem. 

Last night my iPhone 12 had no problem with wifi and downloads but my wife with her iPhone 11 was inconsistent and problem connecting. This am neither she nor I could get wifi internet with our phone. I get excellent internet speeds when I bypass the router. Any suggestions ? 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router RBR750 not allowing Internet access

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 5
JimWS
Tutor

Firmware

V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Modeim is Nokia  and Firber connection with Sparkllight . 

Thanks very much for your help. I did as you suggested. Powered all down and up again and restarted . 

I am getting better internet access with  with my macbook air than my desktop iMac 

Also I have less problems with access when I turn off the Norton firewall. 

My iphone 12 has intermittent issues with web sites , but my wife has more issues with her iphone 11. 

I hvae contacted Norton and will remove Norton from our phones. 

I have excllent speeds with my Macbook Air and iMac when I turn off Norton Firewarll . I do not have the Apple firewarll turned on. 

Thanks again for you help and response. 

Message 3 of 5
JimWS
Tutor

As an addendum the iphone connection with my iPhone 12 and my wife's iphone 11 is much better after deleting the Norton App. 

I will contact Norton about this 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it figured out.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7