V4.6.3.16 firmware

Anyone familiar that there's a new firmware RBK750 V4.6.3.16 firmware

RBR750 

out for RBR750S 

Message 1 of 7
Validus
Luminary

Re: V4.6.3.16 firmware

There are Orbi Beta Firmware v4.6.3.16 (RBR750) and Orbi Beta Firmware v4.6.3.16 (RBR850/RBS850) 

As they are still under Beta, you would have to request access into the Beta testing group to get them, if you desire to use it right now.

Contact "DarrenM" via Private Message to request Beta access and your reason why: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2257

It's update:

• Speedtest Discrepancy
  • Throughput/incorrect speedtest results
  • Stability issues

Also tends to help those (including myself - using the RBR850) with DNS Errors, that the previous version helped but didn't fully resolve.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

First check to see if it appears on your RBRs web page. NG has been already pushing v16 out to users systems. 

What version of FW are you on currently? 

@Rasta-NY wrote:

Anyone familiar that there's a new firmware RBK750 V4.6.3.16 firmware

RBR750 

out for RBR750S 

Message 3 of 7
tucsontico
Virtuoso

I have been in email conversations with support regarding apparent bugs and degrading WiFi speeds over time. This morning I noticed Netgear pushed that firmware update to me without my consent! If it truly is a beta version, I'm even more upset. Haven't had any chance to test speeds, stability, etc.. Will report my experince when able.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. 

Try a FULL on power OFF of the RBR and RBS and ISP modem for 2 minutes then back ON. 

@tucsontico wrote:

I have been in email conversations with support regarding apparent bugs and degrading WiFi speeds over time. This morning I noticed Netgear pushed that firmware update to me without my consent! If it truly is a beta version, I'm even more upset. Haven't had any chance to test speeds, stability, etc.. Will report my experince when able.

Message 5 of 7
InitialG
Guide

Can confirm that my router and satellite just auto updated this evening as follows:

Firmware Version
V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

now to see how it behaves ... 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. 

Try a FULL on power OFF of the RBR and RBS and ISP modem for 2 minutes then back ON.

@InitialG wrote:

Can confirm that my router and satellite just auto updated this evening as follows:

Firmware Version
V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

now to see how it behaves ... 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7