× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 970 Constant Reboots

mhbare
Apprentice

I'm trying to capture debug information from my 970 router and whenever the router reboots the option to save debug logs is no longer accessible.  I was told to uncheck the start debug capture when boot up option as that was producing a log that did not provide the error messages.

How do you save a debug file after a reboot?

Message 26 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

After the reboot, enter the debug page and seelct the check box for WAN/ALN capture, then select the Start Debug button. GIve about 5 minutes, then select the Save Debug Log button. Give it several seconds to compile it and then the browser will show a save file process or ask you to where do you want to save the .zip file too. 

Message 27 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

I done this and everything in the debug file appears to be normal I'm told.  Doesn't appear to be capturing anything that caused the reboot.

I'll give it another try, but nothing I've sent after waiting 15 minutes appears to be useful.

Message 28 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

NG should have reached out to you with some beta FW. Please let us know how it turns out. 

Message 29 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

They have reached out and working issue with them.

Message 30 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 31 of 50
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @mhbare ,

I'm sorry to hear the router disconnect issue is still occurring. I have been asked by our engineers to bring this unit in-house for further testing. Please confirm if support is working on an RMA exchange for you.  If not, let's work together to expedite getting you a replacement.

Kind Regards,

Christine  

Message 32 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

I've heard nothing yet from customer support regarding RMA exchange.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 33 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

Support reached out to me this morning via message thanking me for providing some debug files, but nothing was said about a RMA to return the router.

Message 34 of 50
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @mhbare ,

Thanks for confirming. We'll be in touch shortly with further instructions.

Best,

Christine

Message 35 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

Fingers crossed on this one.  I loaded it this morning and things are working smoothly so far.

Message 36 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

Mine has started rebooting again.  Made it about 9 hours after the firmware update, but it's been up that long before.

I guess I'll try resetting and reinstalling again and see if that makes any difference.

Message 37 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

I processed the RMA today.  I was hoping new firmware would resolve issues, but it hasn't.  Thanks for your help on this.  

Message 38 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now how the RMA goes. New unit should work well. 

Message 39 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

There are updates to stability in all the releases so maybe it will resolve your issues.  I believe my issues are hardware related, so I'm still seeing them.

Message 40 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mhbare wrote:

There are updates to stability in all the releases so maybe it will resolve your issues.  I believe my issues are hardware related, so I'm still seeing them.

Message 41 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

The firmware update made no difference.  The replacement unit is expected today after a lot of back and forth with RMA issues.

Message 42 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Keep us posted on how the RMA unit does. 

Message 43 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

The new router is set, and there are no reboots yet.  Took a bit of work with support to get the satellites connected, but things seem fine so far.

Message 44 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

OK sounds good. Keep an eye on it. 

Check the RBRs uptime occasionally:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-7-BE-Mesh-Systems/Im-having-issues-with-rebooting-as-well...

Message 45 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

Re: Re: Orbi 970 Constant Reboots

Mine was replaced with a new RMA unit 2 days ago, and I've had no reboots since it was replaced.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 46 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

There have been no re-boots since the router was replaced with a new RMA unit.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Running 9.11.0.1 firmware.

Message 47 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. How long has it been up and running? Look at the RBR IP address/debug.htm page

Message 48 of 50
mhbare
Apprentice

Been up and running for over 4 days now.

Message 49 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Nice. I think we can call this solved. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 50 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 49 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series