Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App confusion

Ransak
Aspirant

App confusion

Is anyone here? 

I have a CBR750 modem/router and have the upgraded VPN via the Bitdefender mobile app. After online chat with NG, I uninstalled that VPN and went through the VPN installation via the Armor app (per online chat direction). So yes, I have paid twice for the VPN.

See the lower row on the following screen grab. Which apps work together? If I click on the VPN for Netgear and turn on protection, and then click on the Armor app, that app says I'm not protected. If I turn on protection in that app, then the VPN for Netgear app says I'm not protected. I also screen grabbed the VPN configurations from settings. Why are there five of them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

319CB927-130E-44AC-8F9A-7FDE5DB88181.png27D56E5D-6DC8-4788-8973-57C6B46A06B9.png

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Ransak
Aspirant

Re: App confusion

@FURRYe38 and @michaelkenward You are the only people to respond to me. Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I did post to one of your recommended forums. Here's the result: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/App-confusion/m-p/2162736/highlight/false#M5627

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies

As you are asking about the CBR750 and Armor you might get better luck asking in the appopriate sections rather than a zone given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers.

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

Orbi with Built-in Cable Modem - NETGEAR Communities

Your issues are unlike the generic stuff that can be answered anywhere.

Message 2 of 11
Ransak
Aspirant

Thanks! I'll do that.

BTW, I did try to enter cbr750 in the "Model" window (to help the community give the best answers) but that's not allowed and the window defaults to Knighthawk.

Message 3 of 11
Ransak
Aspirant

@michaelkenward thanks again, and I don't have any problem with this being deleted from this thread. I can't delete it myself, right?

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

IF not deleted, we'll get it moved for you. 

Message 5 of 11

Don't worry about it. If Netgear makes it hard for people to work out where to post queries why should we worry when things go astray?

Message 6 of 11
Ransak
Aspirant

Thanks, I copied it to the first link that @michaelkenward listed.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats ok. Were trying to get NG to do some forum community updates. Forums needs alittle work. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
Ransak
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 and @michaelkenward You are the only people to respond to me. Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I did post to one of your recommended forums. Here's the result: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/App-confusion/m-p/2162736/highlight/false#M5627

Message 9 of 11

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thats ok. Were trying to get NG to do some forum community updates. Forums needs alittle work. Smiley Wink

I'm not trying to get Netgear to do anything. It is Netgear's community. I understand how difficult it is to get something like this changed. (It is a lot harder than you might think, especially when you use third party software.) Better to live with the world as it is than to confuse and annoy everyone by getting all anal retentive.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements