Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 vs CBR750

jcat71
Tutor

CAX80 vs CBR750

Other than the CBR having mesh satelittes, what are the differences?

What the sq. ft coverage are for each router? Speed comparisons? etc?

Not sure which to purchase. My house is 40' wide by 45' deep, 3 floors (basement, first, second) I can place this dead center of the house on the middle floor.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 vs CBR750

Check the spec sheets for each of these models. 

Sq ft of home is preferred. 

I've got the CAX80 and it works well in a 5000sqft home. For additional coverage, I use two EX7700s as extenders and works well though they are not AX supporting. 

Message 2 of 9
jcat71
Tutor

How was coverage without the extenders? 

Sq.ft is kinda of decieving.... I would think it has more to do with distance and interference to  router in any direction.

I'm thinking since it only has to cover no more than 30-40' to any farthest corner that it may work fine for me. The house is new construction /drywall so not much to impeded the signal.

i had an asus ac5300 (the one with the 8 antennas) and coverage was horrible. A single orbi rbr50 currently in use works fine. The orbi coverage seems great, not sure if the mighthawk has the same coverage?

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Signal is decent on the opposite side of the home for me. Mine is located on one side of the home on 2nd level. Main floor and oppostite from there is good. Basement are is ok boarding on on poor. So why I added a extender down there. 

Sq ft can play a role. Too small of sq ft then your just broadcasting signals a bit too much outside. Thought some coverage there is ok too. Just not overly. 

For single use, then placement will be key in the home. Central and on the main or 1st floor is recommended. 

What is the sq ft of your home? 

Message 5 of 9
jcat71
Tutor

4800 sq ft.
The router is in the center, both side to side and front to back.
I have a two story living room with a catwalk. Router is on wall portion of the catwalk. So basically between the main and second floor. So no floor for the signal to pass through on first and second floor. Basement is no issue since there is only one floor for the signal to pass though.
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I would think ether one would work well then. If needed you can add a RBS or EAX if you need any additional coverage. The CAX has better front haul speeds wirelessly vs the CBR750. 

Message 7 of 9
jcat71
Tutor

I'll probably end up with the CBR. I'm more interested in speed consistency across the whole range. Plus the aethestics will work better wall mounted in sight.
The nighthawk like seems interesting but at a similar price point and spec I guess I don't see point for my use case, which is primarily streaming sticks at the TVs, cell phones and smart devices.

Thanks for your input.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck with what you decide. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation