Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBK 40 Cable System (Replacing RBR50 and sat) set up Question Please

Mountainview1
Follower

CBK 40 Cable System (Replacing RBR50 and sat) set up Question Please

Thanks so much all: to eliminate ongoing conflicts, update gear and streamline equipment, I’m replacing my Spectrum cable modem and it’s router along with my Orbi traditional RBR 50 System being used as AP— with a new Orbi cable modem/router and it’s companion satellite. Couple quick questions please:
(1) should I set up new Orbi account for the new gear since my existing account (and the Orbi app) are associated with my old Orbi System? Is that less problematic than trying to remove gear and add new router and sat to existing account?.. and last:
(2) if I want to sell or give away my existing Orbi System , how do I detach it from my registration and account so that new user can configure?
Thanks much!
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here for anything CBK40 related:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

If you open up the Orbi APP while connected to the RBR system. there is a remove button that you can select and this should remove that system from the account and app. Then I would go thru and add the new system to your account. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now if the suggestion helps. 

@Mountainview1 wrote:
Thanks so much all: to eliminate ongoing conflicts, update gear and streamline equipment, I’m replacing my Spectrum cable modem and it’s router along with my Orbi traditional RBR 50 System being used as AP— with a new Orbi cable modem/router and it’s companion satellite. Couple quick questions please:
(1) should I set up new Orbi account for the new gear since my existing account (and the Orbi app) are associated with my old Orbi System? Is that less problematic than trying to remove gear and add new router and sat to existing account?.. and last:
(2) if I want to sell or give away my existing Orbi System , how do I detach it from my registration and account so that new user can configure?
Thanks much!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7