Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK40 Network Down Solid Red Light

Eberhart
Aspirant

CBK40 Network Down Solid Red Light

On Cox cable internet.

My CBK40 base station router/modem keeps going off line. 3 times in the last month.

I can't find anything describing what it means if there is a solid red light. Maybe it is a differnet color?

Anyhow, anyone else experience this? Have suggestions?

When the internet goes down, the entire network goes down.  That sucks.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.45.41 AM.png

Model: SRS60| Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK40 Network Down Solid Red Light

Red or Pink? The top led would be PINK if the CBR40 lost signal with the ISP.

I would have yoru ISP check the signal to your home. Have them look at there logs that coinside with you loosing internet.

Besure there aren't any cable line splitters in between teh CBR40 and the ISP service box out side. Besure they are using good quality RG6 coax cabling from there service box to the CBR40.

Message 2 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Pls PM me. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now if you have any progress on this.

@Eberhart wrote:

On Cox cable internet.

My CBK40 base station router/modem keeps going off line. 3 times in the last month.

I can't find anything describing what it means if there is a solid red light. Maybe it is a differnet color?

Anyhow, anyone else experience this? Have suggestions?

When the internet goes down, the entire network goes down.  That sucks.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.45.41 AM.png

Message 4 of 6
Eberhart
Aspirant

I think red. I tried to replace all of the cords with new cable-company provided cords with no change.

Going back over the paperwork that came with the device I think it is really overheating. It never got hot to the touch, but that would explain why the internet & network went off line at the same time. When the light is solid red, the entire device is dead. After 6 or so hours I would manually restart the device and it would boot up normally. Suggesting that it had time to cool off?

This started happening with more frequency so I finally gave Netgear a call. The Netgear rep I talked to suggested it was because it was plugged in to a surge protector, but I'm not sure that mattered. The device was well-venilated and is plugged in to a qualitiy surge protector.

I ended up pressing Netgear to swap the device, so we will see how that works out.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, let us know how it goes. The unit will be warm. Mine did. However I normally keep a laptop fan cooler under any router I have online 24/7. Helps keep router cool. Something you might look into for long term cooling and use.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7