Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBK40 and SDR-C75300 (ipoilis app) problems

ozeanfrau
Aspirant

CBK40 and SDR-C75300 (ipoilis app) problems

Replaced my cable modem and router with this nice setup and have great WI-FI in the whole house but I can't get my security cameras to work online and with the ipolis app. Everything worked fine before.

Now the cameras are setup and I can view them on my PC with the smartviewer. When I go to Wisenet my product is registered but when I go to the view it takes me to my router login page. The ipolis app on my android phone keeps saying check id and password. I was up all night (6 hours non stop) to port forward and research ..... No luck. Samsung will point me to Netgear since it was all working fine before the new modem/router.

I am hoping someone can walk me through the settings on the camera page (I know it's Samsung) so it all works in harmony again. Then the settings on my router pretty please. If possible also on my phone. (ipolis app is very much outdated and it would be great if there was a universal app that would work for remote viewing)

I would very much appriciate some feedback, thanks for taking time to read and hope everyone has a good day!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

What ISP service do you have that the CBR40 is ocnnected to? 

What Mfr and model are these security cameras? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enableding Beamforming and MIMO.

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

I have 3 D-Link DCS cameras, all different models, never have had any problems with these cameras or there remote mobile apps connecting to the CBR40's wifi system, local or remote. Not sure about other security cameras.

What was the prior Mfr and model ISP modem/router you were using? 

@ozeanfrau wrote:

Replaced my cable modem and router with this nice setup and have great WI-FI in the whole house but I can't get my security cameras to work online and with the ipolis app. Everything worked fine before.

Now the cameras are setup and I can view them on my PC with the smartviewer. When I go to Wisenet my product is registered but when I go to the view it takes me to my router login page. The ipolis app on my android phone keeps saying check id and password. I was up all night (6 hours non stop) to port forward and research ..... No luck. Samsung will point me to Netgear since it was all working fine before the new modem/router.

I am hoping someone can walk me through the settings on the camera page (I know it's Samsung) so it all works in harmony again. Then the settings on my router pretty please. If possible also on my phone. (ipolis app is very much outdated and it would be great if there was a universal app that would work for remote viewing)

I would very much appriciate some feedback, thanks for taking time to read and hope everyone has a good day!

Message 2 of 4
ozeanfrau
Aspirant

Thanks FURRYe38,

Firmware Version V2.2.1.210_1.0.8

ISP is CableOne

10 of these Samsung SDC-9441BC 1080p Full HD Accessory Camera (all wired)

Wired to the router, always been wired so I don't think the wi-fi or channels are a problem.

Old modem was a Netgear CM400 and router was a Netgear R6220.

Internet speed is good. I get pretty much the same speed on wi-fi as wired on my PC. 

I really need to know why wisenet takes me to my router settings and maybe something about the app settings if possible.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly that the Samsung software is pointing to the router incorrectly rather then it's cameras. 

The CBR40 is a Gateway modem/router so everything is combined into one unit, unlike before when you had a separate modem and router. 

I'm also on C1. However I don't have or use Samsung cameras. I presume it has to be something in the cameras software getting confused by point at the router side of the modem and it's routers web page at 192.168.1.1. 

Are you using 192.168.1.1 for the routers web page on the CBR40? You could try changing this to use something different and see if this changes anything. I always using 192.168.0.1. 

This will be kind of a sticky one. Something Samsung should be able to answer as why there software is directing to the modem/routers web page in a gateway setting when before you had separated modem and router configuration and worked then. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7