Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK40 keeps scanning for downstream channel

Brinn1018
Aspirant

CBK40 keeps scanning for downstream channel

Equipment was working fine for over a year then there was an ISP outage due to a lightning strike a few doors down. Spectrum resolved the outage but still couldn’t find a downstream channel. A technician came out and rented me their modem to get me back online. I want my Orbi network back but it still can’t find a downstream channel. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK40 keeps scanning for downstream channel

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Try a different power adapter for the CBR40. Same voltage and amps. 

Has a factory reset been performed on the CBR40? Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. 

Message 2 of 8
Brinn1018
Aspirant

I don’t know the firmware version because the app is useless unless I’m on the Orbi network.

Did the factory reset an plugged it into a different outlet and there was no change.

I can’t locate a power supply that has the same max ampage. The one I have from the spectrum router has a lower max ampage but same voltage.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any chance you of have a nieghbor, friend or family member in same town where you could take the CBR40 to there location and do a test there to see if it connects at a different location correctly? 

There any cable line splitters on the coax line?

What is the amp differences between the Orbi and your other routers power supply? 

Use a PC or laptop to check FW version on the CBR. 

You could try manually re-loading FW code on the CBR, factory reset and setup from scratch and see. 

Message 4 of 8
Brinn1018
Aspirant

I might be able to take it to a friend’s to see if it locks on download channels.

There are no splitters on the coax.

The Orbi max amp input is 1.3 & the others is .8. Orbi output is 3.5 & the other is 2.0.

How do I access the Orbi’s settings or FW version if I’m not on the router’s network?
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire or wirelessly connect a PC or laptop to the CBR. You can turn it ON and connect to its web page with out it being connected to the ISP Coax line. 

Message 6 of 8
Brinn1018
Aspirant

None of the wireless devices are locating the Orbi network.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What wireless devices do you have? 

Wire connect a PC or laptop to the CBR. You can turn it ON and connect to its web page with out it being connected to the ISP Coax line.

Can you access the CBRs web page at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7