Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK40 slow upload speeds

Rudy69
Tutor

CBK40 slow upload speeds

Just connected my Orbi, and my upload speeds went from 35-40Mbps to6. Any ideas?
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: CBK40 slow upload speeds

we'd need more info to help. Its like saying my car used to drive 100mph but now it only goes 20mph. Why? Details are needed.

1. who's your isp?

2. What speeds do you pay for (upload and download)?

3. How are you testing speeds? With the built in app? With your phone? A hardwired pc? (hardwired pc is best)

4. What website are you testing with? Sometimes the servers they test with aren't reliable, although those speeds should be fine

5. Do you have a screen snip of your modem connections page from the cbk40? (get both upload and download connections)

6. What have you done to try to fix it? reboot/reset/remove coax splitters-other coax line issues)

7. When you say "just connected" are you saying you just installed it? What were you using before?

Message 2 of 9
Rudy69
Tutor

Hello Txs for the response. My ISP is Xfinity and I have the 1000mps download speed. I use the Orbi app or Speedtest for testing speeds. To fix it I tried restarting the devices. Didn’t change coax cable as it is the same one that was hooked to the gateway from Xfinity that I had. And yes I just installed it and was using Xfinity equipment
Message 3 of 9
Rudy69
Tutor

These were my upload speeds before
Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

please post a screen snip of your modem connections page. 

also try using a computer hardwired to the modem and try the speedtest app. 

you didn't put if you've tried anything to fix the problem. 

I get that you didn't try replacing the adapers. But if you were using a docsis 3.1 modem from your provider and the cbk40 is only a docsis 3.0 device, its a little more sensative to line interfernce. Try removing any splitters, amplifiers ,attenuators, kinked lines, or extended runs. 

Another thing is the CBK40 is only rated to 500mbps per comcast. it can handle up to 900mbps but comcast only certifies it for 500mbps.  having a gig connection through comcast with the CBK40 is just paying for speeds that its not rated to. 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Also are you speed testing with a wired PC connected to the CBR40? Wired is preferred as wireless won't see anything near 900Mbps for test results. 

@Rudy69 wrote:
Just connected my Orbi, and my upload speeds went from 35-40Mbps to6. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 9
isaiah1112
Tutor

Were you able to ever figure this out?  I'm seeing the exact same issue and neither Xfinity nor Netgear seem to have any thoughts as to why this is happening.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

@isaiah1112 wrote:

Were you able to ever figure this out?  I'm seeing the exact same issue and neither Xfinity nor Netgear seem to have any thoughts as to why this is happening.

I'd recommend starting your own thread. Everyone's situation is slighly different and we'd need more info from you to help out 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using on the CBR40? 

@vkdelta 

@Rudy69 wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7