Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK752 Bufferbloat

Boggard11
Aspirant

CBK752 Bufferbloat

Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone else was having crippling Bufferbloat with their CBK752 modem / router. Causing me huge latency and very unstable streaming (twitch), have tried everything I could but seems pretty hopeless. Guessing it's a firmware issue? Can't seem to get the hidden qos page to do anything, and have tried a factory reset with no speed test to try to turn off all qos but to no avail

Cheers,
Richard
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK752 Bufferbloat

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 4
Boggard11
Aspirant

Using firmware V3.2.16.9, connection is wired so I'm not sure changing wifi related settings should have an impact, right?
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Didn't know your having problems on wired connections. 

How is your device connected? Does this device have a ethernet port? 

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended. 

Test streaming and video with a wired PC or laptop to compare results...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7