Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK752 Different firmware versions for Main unit and the satellite?

Ely
Luminary
Luminary

CBK752 Different firmware versions for Main unit and the satellite?

Hi there all,
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, otherwise please feel free to move it and apologies in advance if this is the case.

Yesterday I got my new CBK752 which I had purchased from Newegg (Through Ebay) and after some painful setup process I was finally able to complete setup.
Once finished I attempted to make a check to see if there was any new firmware for the device. The GUI would time out and throw an error saying that it was unavailable to communicate with the server (Internet was up and running) so I decided to go and download the firmware directly from Netgear's site and install it manually.

Upgrade went smoothly, however I noticed the firmware version numbers are not the same for the Modem/Router combo and for the satellite.
Is this normal? I'm upgrading from my RBK50 Mesh System which always had the exact same version numbers for both the base unit and the satellite. I hope I didn't make a mistake and uploaded the wrong firmware (Though I doubt it as I was very careful downloading, plus it most likely wouldn't even boot up if it was the wrong firmware)
I just need confirmation that it is normal for both units to have different firmware versions

Thanks a lot in Advance
-Eli
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBK752 Different firmware versions for Main unit and the satellite?

Ya, since the RBS is use on the RBK7 series system there is a more recent update for the RBS. I presume at some point NG will update the CBR aswell. You should be ok in meantime. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes the version for the CBK7 series may differ.

What version did you install on the CBR and RBS? 

Message 2 of 6
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Hey @FURRYe38 thanks a lot for your reply.

I have the following firmware:

CBR750  V3.2.16.18

RBS750   V3.2.17.12

I appreciate your help.

-Eli

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, since the RBS is use on the RBK7 series system there is a more recent update for the RBS. I presume at some point NG will update the CBR aswell. You should be ok in meantime. 

Message 4 of 6
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks again, I guess I only need to wait for future updates, it still cannot update on its own though, it says it could not connect to the server. I'll be on the watch for new firmware from NG and update manually again when it they release it.

Thanks bud.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7