Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBK752 Power Adapter 2.5A or 3.5A?

Robert888
Aspirant

CBK752 Power Adapter 2.5A or 3.5A?

Bought a CBK752 (AX4200) from US but want to buy an AU power adapter.

US power adapter indicates 2.5A but user manual indicates 3.5A.

wondering which is correct before I buy AU power adapter or do both work (2.5A/3.5A)?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: CBK752 Power Adapter 2.5A or 3.5A?

@Robert888 wrote:

Just curious your cable TV ISP does allow using customer supplied cable mdem/routers in Australia.

FWIW, the CBK752 Data Sheet does state

===

What’s In the Box?
• One (1) Orbi Cable Modem Router (CBR750)
• One (1) Orbi Satellite (RBS750)
• One (1) 19V/3.16A power adapter (router)
• One (1) 12V/2.5A power adapter (satellite)
===

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi with Cable modem product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with Cable modem and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Robert888 wrote:

Just curious your cable TV ISP does allow using customer supplied cable mdem/routers in Australia.

FWIW, the CBK752 Data Sheet does state

===

What’s In the Box?
• One (1) Orbi Cable Modem Router (CBR750)
• One (1) Orbi Satellite (RBS750)
• One (1) 19V/3.16A power adapter (router)
• One (1) 12V/2.5A power adapter (satellite)
===

Message 3 of 5
Robert888
Aspirant

So glad I asked question as did not notice the 2 different power adapters, I'll watch that one when I connect.

To answer your question about cable TV

We do not have cable TV but do have a fetch box. In Australia we have free to air channels, mixed in with our Fetch (purchased from department store) giving us access to Fetch channels, Netflix, Stan and Amazon Prime so no need for cable. We love our movies and since COVID, Netflix and Amazon Prime and Kayo service have been individually switched on with user accounts away from ISP. In Australia only one company Foxtel have cable, at a guess only 10% of population have it. From my understanding those that have the Foxtel have both a Foxtel box but also a Router for their ISP and have as much freedom as myself with this but obviously with cable TV they do not excercise this option as not necessary with additional channels from Foxtel and free to air channels.

In Australia we are not big cable users as we have always loved that word "Free" to air channels.  Most people buy cable for the AFL but nothing an afternoon at the local pub will not fix. However this is why we have joined Kayo for the AFL games not broadcast on free to air channels.

I hope this answers your question, thanks for the heads up on the different supplies in the box as I did not notice this.

Robert

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Thank you Robert for the update!

Still no idea where/how the CBR750 with it's Cable-TV "WAN" or "Internet" interface can be used there 8-/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7