Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR40 - Blinking UPL blue light

robhuff46
Aspirant

CBR40 - Blinking UPL blue light

My CBR40 started blinking blue light for UPL yesterday.  I shut everything down but can't get the light from blinking.  Had this cable/routerfor 6 month and this is first the light blinking.

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

I would have the ISP check there logs and signal to the modem. Give them any info from the CBR40's modem logs as well if needed. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

UPL? 

What FW is currently loaded?

Who is your ISP service? 

Are wired connections ok with internet? Wireless working as well? Or is everything not working? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@robhuff46 wrote:

My CBR40 started blinking blue light for UPL yesterday.  I shut everything down but can't get the light from blinking.  Had this cable/routerfor 6 month and this is first the light blinking.

Message 2 of 7
robhuff46
Aspirant

• UPL:  Blinking blue. The cable modem router is scanning for an upstream channel.

• Got lastest FW.
  • Xfinity/Comcast.
  • Internet speed for wired and/or Wireless is ok.
  • Size of home is 1200 SQFT.
  • Using channel 1.
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would have the ISP check there logs and signal to the modem. Give them any info from the CBR40's modem logs as well if needed. 

Message 4 of 7
robhuff46
Aspirant

Xfinity came today and replaced adapter on the pole, and everything ok.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Glad they fixed it. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Most likely you had noise on upstream and when INTERNET LED IS SOLID and US blinks, it typically means it in PARTIAL SERVICE state with one or more UPSTREAMS BEING IMPAIRED.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7