Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 - Can no longer connect to my router from the app or website.

SharonKP
Aspirant

CBR40 - Can no longer connect to my router from the app or website.

I should preface this by saying, my system has been setup and successfully working for over 2 years. We changed the name of the SSID when we originally set up the Orbi. Now, When going into my Orbi app, it can’t connect to my router. I also tried going onto orbilogin.com and that won’t work either. The only solution that I found helps is if I restart the modem. For a few minutes after it comes back on I am able to connect to the router site (orbilogin.com), but after those few minutes, it stops working. I tried deleting the app on my phone, but now it’s completely messed up and asking me to install my Orbi (but it already is). I’m so lost with what to do. I just want to be able to control individual devices (and properly label them in the app), but I can’t get the connection to stay. HELP!
Message 2 of 5
SharonKP
Aspirant

Can’t connect to app or on PC at Orbilogin.com

I should preface this by saying, my system has been setup and successfully working for over 2 years. We changed the name of the SSID when we originally set up the Orbi. Now, When going into my Orbi app, it can’t connect to my router. I also tried going onto orbilogin.com and that won’t work either. The only solution that I found helps is if I restart the modem. For a few minutes after it comes back on I am able to connect to the router site (orbilogin.com), but after those few minutes, it stops working. I tried deleting the app on my phone, but now it’s completely messed up and asking me to install my Orbi (but it already is). I’m so lost with what to do. I just want to be able to control individual devices (and properly label them in the app), but I can’t get the connection to stay. HELP!

Orbi Info: Orbi Cable Router CBR40
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 - Can no longer connect to my router from the app or website.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge, FireFox or Opera.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update with the ISP coax line disconnected from the CBR?

Message 3 of 5
SharonKP
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! My current firmware is as follows:

CBR4 (Router) - V2.5.0.28

SBS20 (Satellite) - V2.5.1.16

When I turn off the modem and then turn it back on, I can access the site from any browser, but unfortunately it only lasts about 10 minutes before I lose the connection. I just had to restart it again to get the version info! 

I've never done a factory reset. Frankly I'm afraid to because we have over 48 devices connected to our system and I'm worried I'll have to manually reconnect all of them! If this is my only option for fixing the issue, then that's what I will do. Please let me know my next steps!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

As long as you use same SSID name and PW as before for the wifi configuration, all of your devices will reconnect. I would turn OFF the RBS while you do this as well. Once the CBR is set up again, the RBS should also re-connect as well when it's turned back ON. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7