Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 Compatible with ISP

Imogen_78
Follower

CBR40 Compatible with ISP

Is the Orbi whole home WiFi system tri-band WiFi compatible with the ISP Optimum. I just purchased and was informed that it was compatible, now Optimum is saying not and modem cannot be provisioned. Everywhere I look including this site says that Optimum is a compatible ISP. Now I have no internet, because they cannot even get my old modem going.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 Compatible with ISP

I would directly contact the ISP and have them work with you on this. If there site is showing it's compatible and supported, screen capture that and show them this information. Escalate the ticket. If it comes down to that they don't, just return the Orbi system to where you got it from. After this, ask the ISP for a modem only option that is supported by them, then you could look into getting a Orbi system with out a built in router and use it as your router and wifi. Modems to ask about are NG CM1000 or 1100 or Motorola MB8600 or Arris SB8200. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7