Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 Speed Test Results

FURRYe38
Guru

CBR40 Speed Test Results

Just wanted to post that I'm getting near 1Gb ISP speeds with the CBR40:

Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CBR40 Speed Test Results

Hi @FURRYe38

Thank you for posting this test results.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Keaton13
Aspirant

I’m getting terrible speeds with my new router modem combo. I’m wondering how you were able to get the speeds your getting. Any specific router setting I should have? I’m pretty sure it is an exfinity issue but not certain. Xfinity is saying they can’t provision my router to reconfigure it so I’m stuck with the speeds I’m attached image. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Initially my ISP, Cableone didn't support the CBK40 and I was told to tell C1 it's a CM700. However after going to a different modem then coming back to the CBK40 a few months ago, C1 has finally started supporting the CBK40 officially. You can try and tell Xfinity that you have a CM700 if that model is listed on there support site. The CM700 is the base modem thats inside the CBR40. This is what I initially told my ISP earlier this year. Might see if this works. 

Other than this, if you do a factory reset and setup from scratch, do not touch QoS, Traffic Meter or Access Controls, a wired PC with a browser should see near 900Mb speeds. Besure that your PC your using is capable of handling high speeds. The only PC I have that does is a Quad core Mac Mini. My dual cores don't and top out around 300Mb. 

@Keaton13 wrote:
I’m getting terrible speeds with my new router modem combo. I’m wondering how you were able to get the speeds your getting. Any specific router setting I should have? I’m pretty sure it is an exfinity issue but not certain. Xfinity is saying they can’t provision my router to reconfigure it so I’m stuck with the speeds I’m attached image. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7