Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 add extra satellite

puetko
Follower

CBR40 add extra satellite

Hi, I am just learning about my new cable modem/router with satellite. I'm curious if I find I need or want to add another satellite which ones can I use to add on to this system. My house is 3000sq ft but I still get slow spots and I want it to migrate out to my detached garage too wich it does but at a significant signal loss. Thanks

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 add extra satellite

Yes you can add a satellite. Recommended are RBS20s same model that comes with the CBK kit. 

I have same system. Ran it on my 5000sq ft home, CBR at one end upstairs and the RBS at the other end, 40 feet away. Zero issues wireless or wire connected. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

@puetko wrote:

Hi, I am just learning about my new cable modem/router with satellite. I'm curious if I find I need or want to add another satellite which ones can I use to add on to this system. My house is 3000sq ft but I still get slow spots and I want it to migrate out to my detached garage too wich it does but at a significant signal loss. Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7